Our Safe Golf Procedures
The following “Safe Golf Procedures” will be reviewed and revised regularly. Bookmark this page and check back regularly for future updates. These procedures are intended to provide members with comfort and confidence for their health and safety.
1. Play Healthy: Do not risk exposing others to the virus if you have even the slightest feeling of illness or have had contact with another person who has symptoms or has been diagnosed with Covid-19 – please do not play.
2. Advance booking is mandatory, preferably online.
3. All player names must be included in your booking.
4. Mixed Households: Can be from up to four different households.
5. Players will be required to comply with the “rules on social distancing” throughout their round.
6. Members must tee off on time and allow the correct time gap between each group to allow social distancing on the course. Playing without a reservation is prohibited.
8. The clubhouse toilets and on-course toilets are open but please observe the limited occupancy rules.
1. Advance booking is mandatory and preferably online. No play shall be permitted without a booking having been made online, or by phone. Playing without booking is strictly prohibited.
2. The names of all players must be provided for each booking.
Book Tee Times Online
As part of the phased return of golf we must maintain record for 6 weeks of all golfers using the facility which, although we hope never required, may be used to assist if contact tracing is necessary.
1. Make sure you select the correct number of players for selected date, time and course.
2. Input names of all playing partners on each tee time. (Either type their name in field beside player 2, 3, 4 or use the drop down list.)
3. If at time of booking you have not arranged a playing partner, please edit your reservation online once partner(s) arranged or phone the office on 01333 450686 to amend.
4. If want to play on your own as a single player, input your name in player 1 and type Single Player Only in player 2 field.
5. If you are a single player and happy for another member to join you then input your name in player 1 and leave all other player fields empty.
6. Review the online booking email you receive on completion of booking and go back in and edit your reservation if required.
7. If your plans change or playing partner changes prior to play please edit your reservation online or phone 01333 450686 to amend.
Teeing Off & Playing Your Round
1. Play must start from the first tee of both courses and be continuous i.e. playing holes in the correct order (even if playing less than 18 holes). No cutting in will be allowed in any circumstances and players shall not join up during a round.
2. Social distancing is vital on the course, remember two metre gaps on the tees, walking to your ball, searching for a ball, playing your shot and on the greens. On reaching the green allow the member furthest from the hole to putt out completely. Do not touch the flagstick at all. Make sure the game in front has cleared the next tee before proceeding to the next hole. Please be courteous with speed of play. Make sure you have enough tees, balls, food and water to last your round. DO NOT share these. Do not touch a ball which is not yours.
5. Bunkers are to be considered ‘Ground Under Repair’. There are no bunker rakes and players should smooth the sand with a club or their shoes.
6. There are no benches, yardage posts, shoe cleaners or ball washers and the drinking fountains are out of use.
7. Bins have been removed. Please put your own rubbish, broken tees etc into your golf bag for disposal at home after the round.
8. Ball retrieval shall not involve the touching of the cup or flagstick. Flagsticks shall not be removed.
9. Please be aware of walkers, in particular when playing Balcomie, as there may well be more people out walking than normal, remember your social distancing.