A form of golf believed to have been played at Crail.
A ballot box introduced for approval of new members. An official uniform of a scarlet jacket with a plain yellow button is adopted as the uniform which must be worn on the links on a golfing day. Note: Two former captains were fined in 1793 for infringing this rule.
David A Lindsay expressed wish to present a medal. Lindsay Medal first played in 1831.
On 28th May it is minuted "This being in which the King's birth was celebrated the members of the society thought proper to lay open the meeting to those who chose to dine with them".
John William Maillardet, esquire, deputy Inspector of Hospitals, Madras Army (East India Company) was Captain of the Society and presented a silver medal to be "played by all golfers, whether members of the Society or not".
Maillardet returned to India shortly after presenting the medal, surviving the Afghan and 'Opium' wars and living for another 20 years
Feilden Snuff Mull presented to Society.
First competiton played over Balcomie links.
Balcomie links (9 holes) reopens after being redesigned by Tom Morris.
Ranken-Todd bowl presented to Society.
'Crail is the home of one of Scotland’s venerable and most unusual tournaments, the Ranken-Todd Bowl, played annually amongst the clubs of Fife and it ranks as one of the greatest tests of skill and endurance in golf'
– Peter Alliss
By a Charter from King Robert the Bruce in 1306 the jurisdiction of the Burgh of Crail was declared to extend from the middle of the Water of Leven to the middle of the Brook Putiken (now known as Pitmilly burn) between Kingsbarns and Boarhills. The Ranken-Todd Bowl was intended by its donors as a memorial not only to Captain Ranken and Richard Todd but also as a reminder of the ancient Burgh since the trophy was to be played for by teams within the ancient Burgh.
First meeting after WWI. Two buses were purchased to transport members to and from Crail.
200th centenary celebrations
Crail Ladies Golf Club incorporated into Society
Craighead course opened. Course designer was Gil Hanse.
Centenary of formation of Crail Ladies Golf Club.
Major clubhouse refurbishment completed and clubhouse opened by Sir Michael Bonallack