Terms & Conditions
CRAIL GOLFING SOCIETY - DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This is the Data Protection policy of Crail Golfing Society (CGS). CGS takes its responsibilities seriously on the confidentiality of your personal information. If you have any questions regarding our policy please contact the CGS Managing Secretary.
Your personal data is held on servers operated by CGS and we comply with the protection offered to you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law. When we use external data processing services, we do so under strict contractual terms which, as a minimum mirror the security policies we have in place. In addition we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
As well as name and contact details we may collect other information to help us understand the interests and skills of our members, employees and visitors. We shall process the data you supply to help us run our club in an efficient way and to enable us to tailor our products and services to better meet the needs of our members and visitors. If you have given your consent we may communicate with you by e mail, text, post or telephone about the activities of CGS. We will not share your data for marketing purposes outside of CGS.
CGS will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide services to members;
- to identify you in published information about golf competitions or other events in which you have taken part or are organising;
- to identify you to the public or members in respect of any administrative roles you may have as an employee or member of the club;
- to identify you in lists available to other members of the club;
- to advise your details to other golf clubs where you are taking part or may be eligible to take part in their events;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide;
- to personalise the way CGS content is presented to you;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered.
You have the right to ask CGS for a copy of the personal information we hold about you (for which we reserve the right to charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you would like access to your information please contact the CGS Managing Secretary.
Copyright for all information, text and images on our web sites is owned by or licensed to CGS. Please contact the CGS Managing Secretary if you wish to download any of this information.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the CGS. In the case that you wish to cancel your membership of CGS, your personal information will be retained for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted, unless permission is granted to hold this information for longer.