February 2018 Courses Report
Courses Monthly Report February 2018
The bunkers on the front nine of the Craighead course have been edged, weeded; re shaped and will then be topped up with fresh sand going into the new season. The 17th greenside bunker has been rebuilt on the Craighead course.
Other construction work
Work is ongoing at tees 3 & 7 on the Balcomie course and the new short game area. Areas round the newly built wall at 14th on the Craighead course have been levelled and re-turfed etc.
Mowing over both courses
Greens and surrounds have been cut prior to top-dressings and all fairways have been cut over both courses.
- Aeration work on tees on both courses was completed
- Winter tees will be in play until the end of March
Completing work to tees 3 & 7 on the Balcomie course
- Edging/weeding & topping up sand in the bunkers
- Fertilising greens & tees etc
- Cutting of all areas ready for the start of the season
- Replacing certain course furniture for the start of the season
- Priming the irrigation system
- Work ongoing with the new short game area
Please check out the blog for updates on course work www.crailgreenkeepersblog.blogspot.com/
Golf Course Manager