March Greenkeeper Report 2018
Courses Monthly Report March 2018
This month the weather has continued to be very poor, culminating in the ‘Beast from the East’, which gave us heavy snow and high winds. Consequently much of our work programme was delayed.
All bunkers on both courses have been edged and weeded apart from hole 18 on the Craighead course, which will be done in the next couple of weeks. In the next month, we will top-up bunkers with fresh sand and bring the newly built bunkers back into play.
Mowing over both courses
All areas have been cut to have both courses neat and tidy for the start of the golfing season; cutting will become more frequent in the next month or so.
Greens, surrounds and tees on both courses have been top-dressed and an application of iron and wetting agent to help the surfaces.
- Tees 3 & 7 on the Balcomie course are now re-turfed and will be in play at the end of April weather pending
- All tees are on summer tees from the 30th March
- Our seasonal staff will start from mid April
- Both car parks have been cleaned and blown
- Drains in the car parks etc have been cleaned out
- Irrigation systems up and running for the season
- New flags and pins have been put out over both courses & PG’s
- Staff appraisals were carried out this month
- Work on the new short game is coming on nicely
- Spiking and wetting agent program to greens on both courses
- The major aeration work to the Craighead greens will commence on Wednesday 25th
- Finish seeding/sanding drainage lines on the Craighead course
- Painting of the starters hut, 15th hut and toilets on the Craighead course
- Preparing the Craighead course for the Battle Trophy
Please check out the blog for updates on course work www.crailgreenkeepersblog.blogspot.com/
Golf Course Manager