- The Championship, played over Craighead Links on Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th April, is open to any amateur golfer whose exact handicap does not exceed 1.0 on the date when his entry form is certified by his Home Club Secretary.
- Entries will be limited to 72 players of which the first 63 places will be allocated as follows: the starting field will be completed with R & A W A G Ranked entrants in WAGR order at the closing date and, if places are still available, by entrants in order of CONGU handicaps at date of entry. 6 places will be reserved for golfers recommended by Scottish Golf.. Entrants not in the original draw will be placed on the Reserve List.
- Entries must be made using the official entry forms and must be received by Monday 4th April 2016. Entry forms are available at www.scottishgolf.org
- The entry fee is £45 and no entry will be accepted which is not accompanied by an entry fee.
- Play on Sunday will be confined to the 40 leading competitors and ties for 40th place who shall play a further two rounds stroke play.
- Each competitor will receive the courtesy of the course and clubhouse from Monday 11th - Friday 15th April inclusive for one round of practice. Practice rounds must be booked in advance.
- The competition will be stroke play in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Committee.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a sudden death play-off over holes 10, 11 &18 to decide the winner. Other trophy winners will be decided by count back.
- The specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf will apply as regards Conforming Golf balls, Driving Clubs and Time of Starting. Distance measuring devices will be allowed; yardage books will be available from the Pro Shop.
- The Battle Trophy will remain the property of, and in the possession of, Crail Golfing Society.
- The Championship Committee shall decide all disputes. Its decision shall be final and power is reserved to reject any entry and to alter or amend the conditions.
- The prize presentation will be held immediately on completion of the Championship and the trophy winner is expected to attend.
- The Battle Trophy, commemorative crystal and a voucher to the value of £500.00
- A voucher to the value of £400.00
- A voucher to the value of £300.00
- A voucher to the value of £200.00
- A voucher to the value of £150.00
- A voucher to the value of £100.00
- A voucher to the value of £90.00
- A voucher to the value of £85.00
- A voucher to the value of £75.00
- A voucher to the value of £65.00
- A voucher to the value of £60.00
- A voucher to the value of £55.00
- A voucher to the value of £50.00
- A voucher to the value of £45.00
- A voucher to the value of £40.00